Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cake pops!

I love my sister... I really do she bought me a cake pop maker! I have been searching the internet for pictures of cake pops. Saving and filing them away in different categories for future creations! There are so many variations out there I just couldn't believe all the creativity. Bakerella has so many wonderful designs and ideas.
Such as this cute reindeer...

I'm so excited to try it out using anything! So today I made ones using brownie mix (because that is what I had in the pantry).  The instructions tell you to wipe the cake wells with a paper towel dipped in vegetable oil.. ok this was a pain and didn't seem to be working all that great. I just sprayed each top and bottom well with non-stick cooking spray. After many trial and errors I figured out to fill the bottom well to the top with the batter.

Otherwise they come out looking like cones if there is not enough batter. I just popped those mistake ones in my mouth as I kept on working! I closed the lid and set a time for 5 minutes... 


Here they are all cooked and so cute. Placed them on a plate to cool and made a few more batches. Then I took a good few spoon fulls of a store bought icing and put it inside my small glass measuring cup. Popped it in the microwave for 10 seconds and stirred it around checking that it drizzled smoothly. Stuck a stick in the icing then inside the cake pop and dipped it into the icing.


The icing was still too runny might let it cool some either that or I didn't wait long enough to allow the cake pop to cool. Either way it was yummy and they are so cute. I can't wait to make some more!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...