Friday, December 16, 2011

Handmade Ornaments

 Hi all, its been a hectic day! Last day of school, early release, kiddo is hungry, kiddo wants to go to the movies with his girlfriend, I need to buy some groceries, pick kiddo up from movies and kiddo is hungry again. Ahh teenage boys they are like an empty black hole .. I have no idea where he puts all this food! I'm still working on cleaning up our guest room for next week. While trying to finish up a few last projects for homemade gifts, sometimes feel like I'm a rubber band being stretched and snapped back into place! You do to? We need to start a club or something about that..haha!

 So while I'm sipping some coffee and watching Ghost Adventures figured I might want to get a post up on handmade ornaments to share over at Funky Junk Interiors tonight. Some were made by my mother-in-law and some by me. All were pretty simple to make... so lets get started.
 Popsicle sticks and pre-cut snowflakes painted and dolled up, simple and cute!


From left to right, pre-cut mitten from Michaels painted. Crochet santa. Flower Angel made from a carnation, wood bead for the head some leaves for wings.


On the left recycled Christmas cards cut, folded and glued together. Right, square glass ornament stuffed with red pompoms and paint markers to make the santa belt.


Snowman, stuffed with little bitty styrofoam balls and paint markers for the face.


And last is a monogram ornament.. the one I made for us is a shiny silver and the pics were not working out for me. So I unwrapped the one I made for my sister and brother-in-law to get some better shots. Its just stickers how much more easy could it be? Their last name initial is the larger letter in the middle with their first names on either side in lower case. On the back side I added a silver and black fancy sticker topped with a simple black ribbon hanger.


Can't wait to see what everyone else has been busy making! 



Sharing at:
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

1 comment:

  1. Those are all adorable! Love the idea of recycling xmas cards into ornaments!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...