Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Put your best face forward..plus a treat!

 Hello! Its October and I'm cooking up some rice crispy treats with a twist today! Thought I would surprise my son with them as an after school snack. I bought frozen pot pies, hot pockets and his favorite snacking foods because tomorrow I am having my wisdom teeth removed. I just won't be up for cooking much for a day or two. So while he gets to pig out I will be having soup, oatmeal and fruit smoothies! haha!
 While I was shopping I stopped to check out a foundation makeup that my sister told me she uses. I don't wear makeup at all. I have issues with my face being very dry even if I moisturize and so foundation makeup looks terrible sorta like a bumpy chipped sidewalk! Plus now that I'm older I am lazy and don't take the time to apply it. I've decided to change that!
 I purchased L'OREAL True Match Naturale-gentle mineral powder foundation with spf 19 and L'OREAL Go 360 Clean Deep Exfoliating Scrub.
 Lets start with the exfoliating scrub..

WOW is about all I can say. This really works and smells good. The small scrublet is soft and gentle but when  paired with the scrub it removed everything. Blackheads gone- dry patchy skin gone and I was left with soft glowing skin!

 Now for the foundation..
 My sister was right this is awesome! Swirled this all over my face with the brush and it looks like a light foundation with just a hint of a powder. No messy liquid goop and my face didn't look like I had smeared thick icing all over it! Loved it! I applied some neutral eye shadow, lightly did the eye liner and some mascara... ok I'm back to being hooked on makeup! In my opinion this was a little pricey at just over $10 (Wal-Mart) but after the results I think its worth it! 

 Hmm what about the twist on the treat you mentioned earlier, you say? Alright..  look what I also found!
Yummmmmy!
According to the back of the mallow bag you need:
One bag pumpkin spice mallows
1/4 cup or half stick of butter
6 cups of rice cereal

In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter then add the mallows and turn to coat. Return the bowl to the microwave and heat mallows on high for 45 seconds. Then stir and place in microwave again for about 40 seconds. Stir well making sure the mallows have melted. Line a 9x13 pan with foil, leaving the ends longer to use as handle and lightly coat with cooking spray. Add the 6 cups of rice cereal to the melted mallows, stir well trying to incorporate the cereal. I sprayed a little of the cooking spray on my hand and pressed the mixture down into the pan. Let cool then remove from pan using your foil handles. You can cut into squares or use pumpkin shaped cookie cutters to make them super cute! I chose embellished them with candy corn. 
So good with a light hint of pumpkin spice.. yummmmy! I'm thoroughly enjoying my new look and a new treat!





I was not compensated for my opinions on products mentioned in this post. I was only really impressed and wanted to share with all of you!


Sharing this at: 





Creations by Kara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...