There was a leak from the bathroom faucet and I didn't know this for awhile obviously. And hubby was going across country driving a big rig so I replaced the faucet alone... which was a big accomplishment for me! lol The leak went into our bedroom unfortunately...
The dark circles are where I had metal popcorn tins sitting and they rusted from the leaking water.
Stained and nasty I didn't care about getting paint on the carpet since I knew we would replace it at some point. Needless to say we had to rip up the entire wood floor underneath and lay new plywood.
After that it was the foam liner and laying the hardwood.. here is loving hubby doing just that! This is what we bought from Home Depot.. $21 with tax per box and we used 6 1/2 boxes. Plus 2 rolls of the foam liner and about 7 sticks of trim. Oh and the doorway wood plate.
Now for the finale....
Here is the nasty corner that had water damage
You can see our makeshift closet because we ripped out the closet that ran the length of the room. The extra door leading to the bathroom was replaced with a wall as well which was behind the clothes. We plan on building just a simple corner closet. Eventually the TV will be replaced with a wall mounted flat screen :)
I'm so glad to have this project done and checked off the list! Today I'm working on bedside lamps going to repurpose our old ones. Until next time... :)
Linking up at: